Conn's Wishing Well

Go down

Conn's Wishing Well Empty Conn's Wishing Well

Post by Conn Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 17:58

I start with my 4 wishes I already mentioned but were not able to be implemented in the final 1.0 version due to many other important stuff Embarassed

Conn's wishlist:

1. Make floppy in weed factory to "Koka Kola"
- requires out of chest monologue change
- requires Tingle sprite monologue change, maybe also a gfx change (that one in the back of his room Al Lowe requires an golden floppy)
- requires gfx change of floppy sprite and menu tile, also menu item description

I'd imagine something like this:

8-bit:
Conn's Wishing Well 8bit10

16-bit:
Conn's Wishing Well 16bit10

---------------------------------------------------

2. Block Ganon shortcut with master sword barrier so you cannot get to Ganon early (esp. in part2), I do not even know whether he is defeatable with L1 sword, but you surely die when trying to approach him before L2 sword.
- requires gfx change of that barrier

-----------------------------------------------

3. Change Bat-Fairy to Rogue the bat:

Requires:
- gfx change
- monologue change:
Mirror, mirror, Sir be bland, who is the sexiest fairy in the land?
- Would you just do your job and heal me?
- Errrr....

Honey... what did you say? I cannot hear youuuuu....
- Thou art so fair, Mylady. I adore thy beauty!
- I'd rather shag with a charred toast bread.

I'd imagine something like this:

Conn's Wishing Well Rogue14

and the second fairy:
Conn's Wishing Well Sunflo13

-----------------------------------------------

4, make invisible floor tiles in PW ruins and Euclid rooms visible by L1 and L2 flute:

The code for L1/2 flute tiles is part of the rom, it only must be activated:
- add a chest with it on the main path in PW ruins that opens a door on opening (so that you cannot collect it after getting the golden harp)
HM chest index 74: L1 flute (L2 would be 20)
HM monologue 71: out of chest
Use the original ALTTP invisible platforms, SePH used another technique. If original platforms are used, they will show up on playing either flute (L1, L2).

Conn's Wishing Well All-in10

Rrequires:
- chest content change
- main path change (open door upon opening chest with L1 flute)
- monologue change
- tile enabling (gfx change, palette change)
...?

---------------------------------
5. Make the HC pieces and containers a consisting color when out of chest (b/w for piece, colored for container

Last edited by Conn on Sat 6 May 2017 - 5:44; edited 7 times in total
Conn
Conn

Conn's Wishing Well Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Conn's Wishing Well Empty Re: Conn's Wishing Well

Post by Conn Fri 10 Mar 2017 - 15:47

I had some time and tried myself as pixel artist, so here what I'd imagine. I am hacker, no pixel artist but tried my best. If anybody can do better, be my guest Very Happy

Koka Kola 8-bit (replaces floppy in menu):
Conn's Wishing Well 8bit11

Koka Kola 16-bit (replaces floppy out of chest):
Conn's Wishing Well 16bit11

Rogue the bat, replaces the fairy bat:
Conn's Wishing Well Rogue14

SePH, is something like this includeable or are there any problems (like too many colors, etc...).
Here are the original images, I tried to make it similar so they can be included 1:1
Conn's Wishing Well Fairy10
Conn's Wishing Well Bat10

I wait for your 1.1.3 version and then I will try my best to empty my wishing well myself...  Woot!!

Last edited by Conn on Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 10:34; edited 4 times in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 10 Mar 2017 - 17:21

Koka Kola 8 bit is easily insertable, the colour change to red too. Out of chest is a sprite, so here you need to check if the global pal supports red.

Rogue the bat is also fully compatible pixel wise, but you would really need to know the Pal location in HM to change them accordingly for this particular sprite (but it's doable assuming this sprite uses its own pals, which are not reusable on other sprites).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conn's Wishing Well Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 10 Mar 2017 - 18:00

The menu tile is not that easy as only 3 files are preserved, 1 mirrored. But there are enough free slots left to include that 1 tile. Linking via asm is quite easy, I did it a lot before.
Also having the extra palette for rogue is easy, I can manually load that palette via asm as well as soon you enter one of the 2 rooms that have that fairy Wink
I could do similar when entering weed factory. There is really no problem if hm gets to it's limits.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 10 Mar 2017 - 20:21

Oh wow Conn thanks! Maybe spriter could be a retirement plan for you after all these asm years!

Will surely add those now. I love that rogue fairy Razz

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 10 Mar 2017 - 20:23

If you can find the koka kola text you had in mind a couple of years ago, I'll surely add that too. It should be somewhere in the archived conker threads I guess.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 10 Mar 2017 - 21:04

Awesome SePH, much thanks for your help Very Happy

If you already downloaded the Rogue gif please re-download (there was a pixel mistake at the ear that I fixed, and now I made the ear also a bit sharper). If you find some further mistakes, please feel free to correct it Razz

There was never a Koka Kola text, only that Fairy text. mmh, let me think. I watched Conker's bad fur day, and the Tediz resemble Nazis from Soldier James Ryan I think, maybe we can add that somehow: "Tediz. I hate these guys. Let's steal their treasure, won't we? Hehehe, look at that! Their Koka Kola depot!"
At Tingle we could make something like: "Snieef, I only have some shitty Coka Cola left, burns my nose away. Snieef.... if only I had some Koka Kola, I could brew some Angel's Dust, that's real good stuff, Bro!"  

If you need some asm like special palette and the floppy tile that is mirrored, just let me know (usual way: send me the build and I will take care of the rest) Razz
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 10 Mar 2017 - 21:13

It's funny that now that the game is finished and out of my mind and starting to no longer care about it, other people still care about it, like you who still care even more, and also going fully on spriter mode :-P

Give me a couple of days to lower the steam of ongoing things happening lately and give me some time to catch my breath...I'll get that update done eventually, only thing there's no mark on my calendar Wink

Conn's Wishing Well Achievement_zpsdz0ks7am

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 6:42

Take your time, SePH Smile
As said, I was planning to empty this well in v1.7 or so if I have too much freetime (which obviously is the case at the moment) - there is absolutely no obligation for you to help in any means, though I highly appreciate it of course! Very Happy
With 1.1.2 our project actually is closed, 1.1.3 is considered a small polish up (correct bml and such) and these are only the cherry on the cake.

Edit:
while on it I was looking to the silver harp. I remember some poor Erocks painting with a pen on his TV screen Confused Very Happy
Here's how it works. The code when using the harp checks whether the two tiles are black (invisible tiles) and simply gives them a color if found.

Conn's Wishing Well Image710

I'd like to implement this in the two? screens (HC piece and the Erock paint, are there more?) at PW ruins by giving the L1 flute there with a blocked door on the main path until you open the chest (since if you get L2 flute, return, the L2 flute will be overwritten by L1, so it is mandatory to not miss it then in PW ruins). Also I want to edit the room in Euclid's dev's hideout, so it can be used there as well.
My question here: is the yellow color you see somehow used somehow in PW ruins, or can I simply make them black and paint the tiles with this black color?
The code and everything (chest item 74, tile in menu, text in menu and everything) is already implemented, the only request I'd have here is:
If you edit the monologues for Rogue and Koka Kola, can you also give the silver harp monologue? It is Monologue 71 preserved for the silver harp. Since the monologues need to be moved anyways with Rogue, Koka Kola, it would be a great help if this monologue is already there as well, so I won't need to shift monologues myself at the point I am going to implement it Wink
Nothing special, I'd imagine something like "I found the Silver Harp. Now I am able to lighten up secret pathes."

Edit2:
I could improve Rogue even a bit more, I noticed I only used 14 colors, so I gave her violet wings - also changed the row of opened and closed wings, to more corrrect physics (when at lowest point the wings should be opened - see first post to get the new image Wink )
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down