Super Mario Kart

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Super Mario Kart - Page 4 Empty Re: Super Mario Kart

Post by qwertymodo Mon 4 Sep 2017 - 21:33

kurrono wrote:I wasnt talking by intro fanfare..u right on that one man.. ..that,is only on the grand prix..only

Ok, so maybe I misunderstood you. What did you think tracks 6 and 7 were used for? Those should never be used, it shouldn't even be possible to play them.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Super Mario Kart - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Mon 4 Sep 2017 - 22:02

I dont think so.. could be replacing spc sounds..not important.
.what we want isnthe music...and you got.it.i was using that on sd2snes cause i dont have fallback on version 1.1 and i cant update.
My sd2snes ..everytime. i do it..it dont load the rom..so my firmwire is old..my solution is saving another 200 for a new sd2snes
kurrono
kurrono

Super Mario Kart - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 4 Sep 2017 - 23:09

The way the sound engine works, there are no "track numbers" they're more like "commands". Now, some of the commands are easy, like command 1 is "Play the race intro fanfare", command 2 is "Play the countdown SFX", and command 8 is "Play the super star music". So for those, I just turn the command number into a pcm track number. But every time you load a new race, it copies new data into the SPC, and then commands 4, 6, 7, 21, and 22 are "Play the song for the current race". So, if you're at Mario Circuit 1 then command 4 plays the music for Mario Circuit 1, but if you're at Rainbow Road, then command 4 plays the music for Rainbow Road, etc. That's why there is no pcm track 4, 6, 7, 21, or 22. There can't be. Instead, I have to invent my own track numbers based on the race number.

I'm not sure why you can't update your SD2SNES, all you need to do is download the latest firmware here: https://sd2snes.de/blog/downloads just copy the files onto your SD card.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by darthvaderx Mon 4 Sep 2017 - 23:29

Please Qwertymodo, could you make your hack compatible with this?

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3476/

Thanks.

darthvaderx

Super Mario Kart - Page 4 Image110

Since : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 6 Sep 2017 - 18:43

I posted all alternative pcm packs I could find here as comment in this thread here, so that they don't get lost and just waste space on Google drive of the posters:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1451-super-mario-kart#21489

It got, just alike in sf2 a bit confusing with all the links to additional pcm packs (smk.rar, smk2.rar by kurrono for example).
Also those from PittStone were not elaborately tested I think. Maybe qwerty has time to check them and moves worthy packs into the original post there as alternative to the wii pack Smile
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Thu 7 Sep 2017 - 23:21

I have mario,kart wii ... so,i,rather use remix on,my super nes mario kart to keep lil bit pure on the music...
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 15:43

I found a new remastered album with all of the courses, including Ghost Valley and Bowser Castle, which are surprisingly difficult to find.  I still haven't managed to find any remixes of the various "Character Ranks" tracks, which is disappointing, but at least this gets me tracks which match the OST for everything except the ranks and a few of the various short jingles, which I'm fine substituting in MK Wii tracks there.  I actually think I'm going to try something different this time around.  I think tonight I'll actually live-stream my progress on Twitch or Youtube, in case anybody wants to watch my workflow for doing their own packs in the future.  I know I posted the msupcm++ tutorial videos, but this will be a much faster run-through, with some basic commentary as I go, rather than a step-by-step guide.  So, if you're interested, tune in around 6:00PM PST.  Probably to my Twitch channel: twitch.tv/qwertymodo
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 16:22

I got those from midi ...like some midi shrine sites..listen to mines...those dont need so much normalizing...maybe a little....im,talking about character ranks music
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 16:32

I guess i gotta get twitter.i dont use that..i uae facebook and youtube
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 21:09

I'm almost set up to live stream the Mario Kart authoring demo. No rank tracks for today, I'll mess around with those more later. I might even try to learn how to render MIDIs with a VST, but that's another project for another day. Stop by the stream if you're interested.

https://www.twitch.tv/qwertymodo
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 21:45

There is a program spc2midi but is not that good..and smwcentral thwy got smthing more worthy to convert those to midi..ill find the link
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 23:43

I have good MIDIs, what I don't have is good VST instruments to render them with.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 0:51

Got 38 tracks done in ~2 hours (well, a few were already done, but still pretty good).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 16:19

Hey qwerty how you did that .xml for super mario kart..im,trying to do for top gear 3000 butbi cant make it work
kurrono
kurrono

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahzadan Sat 24 Mar 2018 - 8:02

Has anyone else noticed graphic glitches when starting races, and completing laps with this hack (on SD2SNES, both original SNES hardware & Super Nt). Lower half of the screen flickers sometimes when Lakitu is on the screen.. Does not occur with a clean unmodified rom on either platform.

Maybe it's just me and I patched the ROM wrong? I don't think so though, because all the PCMs play correctly.
Rahzadan
Rahzadan
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 24 Mar 2018 - 18:06

It sounds like a problem I had with zelda, if there's a track change and the msu loading routine hangs in a loop: bit $2000 bvs loop during several nmi:s

This can only be solved by using a nmi hook and implement a free ram flag for a track change. Ikari and I explained already somewhere how to make it. I'm not the author of this hack and also do not know the asm source to be able to tell more.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 24 Mar 2018 - 20:42

Yeah... definitely sounds like a busy loop issue. I'll have to look into it when I get the chance. I do have an SD2SNES to test on, I just didn't ever bother to actually do so.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4