Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work

Go down

Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work Empty Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work

Post by Semolous Sun 31 Mar 2024 - 19:25

I downloaded the pcm files, put stuff where it was supposed to go and renamed what need renaming. But when I load up the ff5 rom. It just plays the original music. I patched a clean japanese unheadered rom first, and that didn't work. So I then patched the rpge rom and that didn't work either. Did I go wrong somewhere?

Semolous
Newcomer

Since : 2024-03-31

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work Empty Re: Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work

Post by JUD6MENT Sun 31 Mar 2024 - 19:44

I saw you commented on my tutorial so thank you for watching that first before messaging, it gives us a good starting point.

Here is a few questions real quick

First, what emulator are you using
Second, did you check if header was removed?
Third, it sounds like you understand naming the rom correctly, but did you make sure you have your .msu file in?
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work Empty Re: Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work

Post by Semolous Sun 31 Mar 2024 - 21:25

I was using snes9x. The header was removed. The .msu file was also in there and renamed correctly. The image linked below is what's in my folder

Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work OSiRf7p

Semolous
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sun 31 Mar 2024 - 23:08

i'm looking at your screenshot now. you have file extensions hidden, so that "ff5.msu" is actually "ff5.msu.txt"

don't fret though, the file above it is ff5.msu and should remain in the folder.

something i don't see in here is the rom file...

if it continues to not work, could you provide a hash of your rom post-patch?
https://www.romhacking.net/hash/
Cubear
Cubear

Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Semolous Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 4:49

Cubear wrote:i'm looking at your screenshot now. you have file extensions hidden, so that "ff5.msu" is actually "ff5.msu.txt"

don't fret though, the file above it is ff5.msu and should remain in the folder.

something i don't see in here is the rom file...

if it continues to not work, could you provide a hash of your rom post-patch?
https://www.romhacking.net/hash/

It was the bloody notepad file...

Semolous
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 21:27

So is it working now?
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Final Fantasy 5 Just doesn't want to work Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Semolous Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 16:43

JUD6MENT wrote:So is it working now?
It is. As if a notepad file was the issue lol

Semolous
Newcomer

Back to top Go down