Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 5 Empty Re: Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by Relikk Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 11:53

I got nothing at all, but sometimes I do have sync issues with my Framemeister and sometimes the start of an intro can get cut off, and I also have my 32X connected, so that could also affect a feature that's essentially trying to access CD hardware.
Relikk
Relikk

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 5 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 5 Empty Re: Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by ArcadeTV Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 12:13

Ok, thank you. The expected output is a blank black screen and the music from the file test.wav playing as CDDA while the ring soundFX r.wav is playing simultaniously. These commands are not implemented in RetroArch/GenesisPlusGX, so I only get the music in emulation, not the sfx. Getting nothing could also mean that the test rom is garbage ^^

Too bad this means I need a MegaSD for further development, as eke-eke has no pland to include these commands into GenesisPlusGX:
https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus-GX/issues/503#issuecomment-1520385759

Last edited by ArcadeTV on Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 12:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 5 Image111

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 12:22

Normally it's fine to have a 32X connected while using MD+ hacks, but I'll disconnect it later and try again to see if there's any difference.

I was always under the impression that if there was a proof of concept or a finished working hack using those commands, eke might be open to implementing something, but I guess I was wrong.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 12:26

The only thing I do know of is that krikkz made a suggestion to use the 2nd M68K CPU for sfx. I asked him about this MegaSD feature and if he had plans to implement it but unfortunately he doesn't.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 13:24

neodev would be the ideal person to talk to about it. He wanted to do Super Street Fighter II with the voice and sound effect samples upgraded and used with the PCM capabilities of the CD hardware emulation, but never mentioned it again since shortly after the MegaSD was released.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 18:13

A Super Fantasy Patch has been added to the Zone ^^

3 Soundpack Options:
  1. X68000 MT-32, SC-55 etc (see video description)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ7Wed4LgZs&t=0s
  2. Arranged Tracks:
    https://vgmdb.net/album/125838
    https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/fantasy-zone-ultra-super-big-maximum-great-strong-complete-album
    and SEGA AGES etc.
  3. Arcade
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 11:05

Coming back to Rent-A-Hero for a moment, 17 tracks are accounted for, but there are 9 tracks from the Mega Drive version that are not present in the arranged soundtrack. They are...

Town Music 1
Surprise, Shock Cave Expedition
Good Night & It's Morning Rent-A-Hero
Incident! Rent-A-Hero
Everyone, Thank You!
BGM A (From G-LOC)
Main Theme (From Space Harrier)
Rush A Difficulty (From OutRun)
Time Attack (From GP Rider)

I realise we could use the arcade versions for the last 4 on the list, but the rest I can't pick out from the remaining tracks of the Dreamcast soundtrack (converted to crappy MP3 to save space).
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 15:20

Thank you, Relikk for taking the time!
I dl'ed the xbox version and extracted the audio from the AIX files with VGSC 2.0
I got 73 tracks and none of them belongs to any of the 5 missing tracks.
I'm compressing and uploading the set, maybe 4 ears hear more than 2..
Yes, I guess the arcade music could be easily substituted - if none of the other tracks matches, maybe one of the exclusive non-Mega-Drive-tracks will at least catch the mood of a missing track.
Otherwise I'll try to recreate them - 5 is good number and very possible to create instead of a complete soundtrack.
Again, thanks for your effort!
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 15:22

As far as I could tell, the Xbox version is the same as the Dreamcast, but it is multichannel and sounds much worse.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 15:24

Ah, ok. Then I'll see what I can do here and also start to create the patch.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 17:11

So, this is a test track to see if such a reworked track would fit:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jjnwa-fNqg4-NNv3znH9nVKtzq1a4b-s/view?usp=share_link

If you think it's okay, I'll do the remaining 4 and we'd have a complete set ^^
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 4:55

Sounds absolutely fine, to me.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 10:15

ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 10:43

Sounds great. Good stuff.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 17:10

Shoosh..
that was a tough one ^^

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1evydFFxDTF60z42NSfpyg-yk-8JvHvDn/view?usp=share_link

2 more to go

Patch-creating is coming along well, too!

Last edited by ArcadeTV on Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 2:42; edited 1 time in total
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 17:49

ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 7:08

The trackmap for Rent A Hero was excessively hard to make
...but heroes don't complain ^^

https://github.com/ArcadeTV/msuplus-tracker/blob/main/trackmaps/Rent-A-Hero.md
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 10:37

ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 11:28

Good work on the missing tracks. There's no patch file in the ZIP, by the way.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 12:43

Oh snap. That's when you work with selfmade batch files and don't use !variable! on filenames with special chars :-/

Here's a fixed zip:

https://github.com/ArcadeTV/msuplus-tracker/blob/main/patches/RentaHero_MDplus(20230427-183853).zip
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 14:00

Thanks. Giving the sound test a whirl, I'm not getting any audio for track 17 (Descendant of Rent-a-Hero, A Hero's Twilight, Twilight Rent-a-Hero). It's the last audio track before all of the sound effects in the sound test.

EDIT: I'm sorry. I've no idea why I wrote track 17. It's track 24.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 14:26

Opps. In M68K assembly "bcc" means branch if equal or higher and I had it checking for value #$17. Should have been #$18, of course.

This should fix it, thank for the report!

https://github.com/ArcadeTV/msuplus-tracker/blob/main/patches/RentaHero_MDplus(20230427-202220).zip

ps.
working on the last missing music track tonight.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 15:07

That fixed it, thanks. Take your time. I've uploaded a beta pack to the Mega folder with a placeholder for that missing track, for the time being, and I need to edit the G-LOC track as I'm not happy with it.

I played through the first sequence to the title screen/intro and there's already a few issues. Everything is fine until you get your suit, but when you start the sequence where you fight your dad, I think the music should continue from the previous screen and through the fight. All that happened was that the music started again, but only last half a second and then faded out, so there was no music for that.

Then it transitions back to the house, I think that was fine (yes, my memory is that bad that I can't remember 15 minutes ago), and then it goes to the intro. The correct music was being triggered, but again it last half a second and faded out, and the rest of the intro had no music.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 16:26

Thanks for testing! I guess I got a bad location to hijack the fade-out-routine - will look into it.

Must have been this music track ^^
gosh, what was Hiro smoking while conducting this crap Very Happy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rtRLRpD_VHGwpIBvgzskC2MN3uXTgnbF/view?usp=share_link

Do you know if the genesis-plus-gx core supports TAS videos? I use those often in GENS to let the game play itself while IÄm hacking, but this would be nice in RA.
(I have no clue, but bizhawk/GenesisPlusGX may be an option: https://tasvideos.org/Bizhawk/Genesis)

Last edited by ArcadeTV on Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 16:38; edited 1 time in total
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 16:28

ArcadeTV wrote:Do you know if the genesis-plus-gx core supports TAS videos?

I don't think so, no. You can import Retroarch cores into BizHawk, and I kept meaning to try that exact feature out (input recording) over the past 2 weeks. I'm just lazy.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum