Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 3 Empty Re: Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 10:25

To prevent confusion I'll add some info to issue-tracker's readme and collect all current patches in an overview.

I'd like to motivate you all to join in - if there's anything I can do besides making patches let me know.

@Relikk May I ask if you could create a temporary mega folder with the soundPacks for the current wip patches?

• Columns (MSU-MD/MD+)
  • Flicky (MSU-MD)
  • Thunderforce IV (MD+)
  • Joe & Mac (MD+)
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (MD+) [soundPack needed]
  • The Lion King (MD+)

That would be very convenient, since I only need one link instead of one for each game.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 3 Empty Re: Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by +RyeGuy+ Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 11:21

Relikk wrote:This post explains it: https://www.zeldix.net/t2635-upcoming-msu-md-releases#43036

The person that ArcadeTV is making the patch for, primarily, hasn't finished their audio yet. I converted the original YM2612 music as a placeholder, and for myself, because I love the original music and I always wanted to hear the music in the game without it being interrupted by the speech samples, and I always felt the percussion was a little muffled.

It should be fine for testing for the time being.

Perfect.  I will test using this sound pack.  Thanks for clarifying.

+RyeGuy+
Rope
Rope

Since : 2020-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 11:21

ArcadeTV wrote:@Relikk May I ask if you could create a temporary mega folder with the soundPacks for the current wip patches?
  • Columns (MSU-MD/MD+)
  • Flicky (MSU-MD)
  • Thunderforce IV (MD+)
  • Joe & Mac (MD+)
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (MD+) [soundPack needed]
  • The Lion King (MD+)

That would be very convenient, since I only need one link instead of one for each game.

My existing Mega account is almost full, anyway. I'll open a new one with another email address and sort that out.
Relikk
Relikk

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 11:32

I could offer access to my gDrive if that's easier...
Thank You!
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 11:35

It's fine. I've been needing to do that for a while, anyway.

Here's the link to the folder: https://mega.nz/folder/5MlkSBqR#ZzodSLacnwV3d9I6mGiYLw
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 13:49

Thank You!! Could you add the LionKing pack:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qC0Z3k5OlNNTl_XI1rEOWeRz9sYRerJl/view?usp=share_link

I've updated the github repo with more infos, all current patches, trackmaps and test-audio-files just in case.
If you see anything that could be improved, pls let me know.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 13:55

Lion King is on its way up now. I repackaged it as some tracks contained metadata. That can cause issues on some platforms and exhibits noise/glitching. I've removed it.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 13:58

Great. Thanks again and BigUp for your input and effort Yes
Could you have a look at the J&M issue if you find some time?
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 14:00

Yeah. I'm going to re-edit the New Joe & Mac audio and then revisit the patch itself.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 14:05

I have recorded the PC-version's midi from Aladdin with a soundfont player and a 500+ MB soundfont. I'd like your input on this. I think it needs some re-work, since some tracks like "One jump ahead" sound awkward while others sound pretty good.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b6OmLC05Ik13shaSka9fv89ZbpMUnQwE/view?usp=share_link
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 8 Apr 2023 - 17:19

I've made some further tests converting GEMS sequences to midi and reworking in FL Studio. The process is pretty straightforward and the results are good. Of course a professional musician could make this sound much better, but since we don't have such a person in our team, I'll play around with this some more.
Attachments
Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 3 Attachment
coolspot_test.mp3 Converted with gems2midYou don't have permission to download attachments.(566 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sun 9 Apr 2023 - 1:12

Added the last finishing touches (sega sound, pause/resume) to The Lion King patch after 2 users have tested the game.

This is the 'Release Candidate':
https://github.com/ArcadeTV/msuplus-tracker/blob/main/patches/LionKing_MDplus(20230409-070536).zip

If anybody likes to make a soundPack from some Disney OSTs and musical soundtracks, that'd be pretty cool.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sun 9 Apr 2023 - 8:51

ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 9 Apr 2023 - 13:13

I've re-edited the New Joe & Mac MD+ audio, it's up in the Mega folder. I'll start working my way down the list mentioned here.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 10 Apr 2023 - 9:18

Re-edited Flicky MD+ audio pack added to the folder.

ArcadeTV wrote:I have recorded the PC-version's midi from Aladdin with a soundfont player and a 500+ MB soundfont. I'd like your input on this. I think it needs some re-work, since some tracks like "One jump ahead" sound awkward while others sound pretty good.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b6OmLC05Ik13shaSka9fv89ZbpMUnQwE/view?usp=share_link

I started compiling tracks for this from the film soundtrack, but seeing as I'm not at all familiar with the game or the movie soundtrack it's proving difficult. Plus it's very "vocal" oriented. I'm not sure how well that's going to sit in-game.

I have 6 tracks done so far, out of 18 if the Zophar track list is anything to go by.

Arabian Nights
Drama
Friend Like Me
One Jump Ahead
Prince Ali
Storyline
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Tue 11 Apr 2023 - 13:52

I tend to use the album information on project2612.org, will have a look at zophar's.
These are the ones I made in early 2021:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t5kx1qX70k1z0vx6NBCFBxm73DtvA8Lq?usp=sharing
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 11 Apr 2023 - 15:09

The files on project2612 have the same names as Zophar's for Aladdin.

Storyline is track 4 in your files, and it's almost identical to what I ended up with while editing. Your track 3 is Arabian Nights, but seemingly not taken from the film soundtrack.

Here's what I have so far: https://mega.nz/folder/oQ9m2C5Z#fPcA3Kd8vRtHFB5F-d9o6g

Apart from A Whole New World, I reckon I can get Mushy One out of "The Kiss", Rug Ride out of "Sultan's Magic Carpet Ride" and Boss Tune out of "The Battle". That leaves most of the jingle type tracks unaccounted for due to my lack of knowledge of the film, games and soundtrack.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Tue 11 Apr 2023 - 15:25

We could use the pc midi soundtrack I posted a while ago to begin with. You should really see Aladdin, it's a great Disney movie ^^

I guess I should queue Aladdin next then?

I've added the Aladdin beta patch:
https://github.com/ArcadeTV/msuplus-tracker/blob/main/patches/Aladdin_MDplus(20230411-233911).zip

pls add Jago's squeeking sega scream as track 21 from my 2021 tracks and the md+ jingle as track 22 to the soundPack. Tracklist is in notes.md inside the zip.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 9:51

@Relikk
It occured to me that I never asked you directly, but is there any game that YOU personally would like get patched?
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 13:35

None, really. I think I've gotten what I wanted out of Mega Drive hacks, like the Street Fighters and Streets of Rage. I did put together all of the audio in the wishlist thread as they're full replacements, and some of them were requested in passing on something like the Terraonion Discord, like Sonic 3D (as you're aware), Granada and Sol Deace. Anything with an arcade soundtrack I would have put together of my own volition, though.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 13 Apr 2023 - 17:25

I've added ZAMN and MauiMallerd to the wip-patches.

There are 2 potentially complete packs for ZAMN, one is a metal album and the other is an orchestrated one.
(Type 0 in the bandcamp modal to download the album for free)

For Donal in Maui Mallerd I had this in mind when I uploaded the pack in 2021, but the patch evolved today so I dunno if it still matches.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Fri 14 Apr 2023 - 3:58

added GlobalGladiators to the patches folder.
I had the Amiga soundtrack in mind, as well as the arranged track from composer Tommy Tallarico's studio album.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o3095ygLGLY_XRbPd4meyY1pIsaLsKiO/view?usp=sharing
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 14 Apr 2023 - 5:09

ArcadeTV wrote:I've added ZAMN and MauiMallerd to the wip-patches.

There are 2 potentially complete packs for ZAMN, one is a metal album and the other is an orchestrated one.
(Type 0 in the bandcamp modal to download the album for free)

For Donal in Maui Mallerd I had this in mind when I uploaded the pack in 2021, but the patch evolved today so I dunno if it still matches.

Yeah, the PC version of Maui Mallard is really the only option there.

I'm usually averse to metal soundtracks, but the ZAMN one is interesting. I can have a look at that one for the time being.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 14 Apr 2023 - 8:44

Lame Genie Zombies is done for now and is up in the Mega folder. 3 original FM tracks used as substitutes for missing tracks.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Fri 14 Apr 2023 - 8:51

awesome, thanks!
Should we make a centralized list of missing music?
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum