Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 27 Apr 2023 - 17:36

I changed some bits around in the patch and played through till after the intro. I followed this yt video to see what's going on and I think the current version patch may fix what you were experiencing.
https://youtu.be/SmQdYq61rMY?t=591

I also placed a savestate into the zip for convenience ^^

https://github.com/ArcadeTV/msuplus-tracker/blob/main/patches/RentaHero_MDplus(20230427-232135).zip
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 6 Image111

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases

Post by Relikk Fri 28 Apr 2023 - 6:59

Thanks for the remaining track. What should be the complete audio pack is uploaded now. I may take a look at the very last track (Descendant Of Rent A Hero), I presume it's the ending. I'll see how it sits, timing wise. That's about it.
Relikk
Relikk

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 6 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Fri 28 Apr 2023 - 21:16

Thank you Relikk for being such a great wingman.

To celebrate our efforts, let's play a round of Puyo Puyo, which I just ported from my old MSU-MD version to MD+ and made a brand new soundPack which you hopefully find as aesthetic as I do ^^

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 6 Front%20embed

soundPack with tunes from modern released titles in the Puyo series:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dx5ZfnWGWWAzyjFZO7Nr6unbasz7OH9G/view?usp=share_link

Patch:
https://github.com/ArcadeTV/msuplus-tracker/blob/main/patches/PuyoPuyo_MDplus(20230429-030517).zip

hidden Sound Test:
https://tcrf.net/Puyo_Puyo_(Genesis)
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Sat 29 Apr 2023 - 18:37

ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 3 May 2023 - 10:41

Here's a playthrough of Insector X. It seems to be good to go.

I know the stock ROM doesn't do this, but what I think would improve it is if the final stage music continued between those last three segments of the final round (round 5) that starts at 16:48.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 3 May 2023 - 11:35

Ah yes, I see what you mean.
I'd say this should be doable by removing the calls to the routine that start the track or by just adding some logic to the functions to keep the track playing if the ID-to-play is the same as the one that is already playing.
Will look into it, thanks for this comprehensive testing!! 👍👍👍
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 3 May 2023 - 17:13

I found a very nice Synth album from Hyde209 on bandcamp that is a direct replacement for Eternal Champions, so I had to do a patch though there is a SEGA CD version of this game..
It's a patch with known issues, pls see TODO.md for details.
tbh, I dunno if I have the skills to figure out how to perfect it, but I'll try.

Note: This game behaves very different in emulators, I tested G+GX and GENS. I've not tested it on real hardware. If you have the time, pls load it up and see what the sound test menu is doing. Thanks!

soundPack is ready, just needs approvement from Relikk:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1saSC-0HJxRSEO9xTlFAww5VkSEgv97ow/view?usp=share_link

Original album on bandcamp:
https://hyde209.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-champions-resynthesized
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 3 May 2023 - 18:37

FYI.

Somebody on twitter was asking for Lotus II, so I had a quick look into the "sound images" driver and it seems a breeze to patch.
While checking for other games that use "sound images" here there seem to be quite a few interesting candidates.
Shall I put any of those on the wishlist?
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 3 May 2023 - 19:14

The two Double Dragon games immediately stand out to me, being an old arcade rat. Don't know how good they are as Mega Drive ports, though.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 3 May 2023 - 21:44

If its possible, the Art of Fighting would be cool. I never knew it was a mega drive game. I have only played it on neo Geo.
Polargames
Polargames

Upcoming MD+ & MSU-MD Releases - Page 6 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 4 May 2023 - 3:54

Polargames wrote:If its possible, the Art of Fighting would be cool. I never knew it was a mega drive game. I have only played it on neo Geo.

That was done ages ago.

https://www.zeldix.net/t2190-art-of-fighting-md-msu-md
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 4 May 2023 - 7:03

ArcadeTV wrote:soundPack is ready, just needs approvement from Relikk

I re-edited some tracks for better flow. It's up in the Mega folder. I'll check out the sound test a little later.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 4 May 2023 - 9:21

Except for the odd glitch at the loop point of the first track (in G+GX) that plays after the game boots (Blade Stage, track 00 and 0C in sound test), the sound test for Eternal Champions behaves exactly the same on MegaSD as it does in G+GX.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 4 May 2023 - 12:40

Thank you for testing!!
And was there any music playing? I'm asking because sometimes it didn't :-/
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 4 May 2023 - 12:42

All tracks played normally first time. I didn't do any subsequent tries, though.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 4 May 2023 - 13:38

THANK YOU!
Strange... That game is really picky.
The tournament mode in standard settings does not start (even in the unpatched rom), only the versus screen hangs with the left contestant's name disappearing when start is pressed.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 4 May 2023 - 14:01

I've added a Double Dragon set (arcade & arranged) to the wishlist thread, just in case you're ever interested.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 4 May 2023 - 14:16

Already at it ;-)
Strange thing about it, there are 2 intro songs depending on a setting that I haven't figured out yet.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 4 May 2023 - 17:54

I just made some progress with Double Dragon. It seemed "All too easy" (to quote Darth Vader on today's Star Wars day), but it had a banking sytem.
Some explanation - usually I first try to figure out how to identify a music track by its ID, which is usually unique like
01 - song1
02 - song2
but sometimes I get different music with the same ID which means there's a bankswitching logic involved.
Figuring out how this works easily doubles the amount of time and energy I have to put into these things, but luckily I found a RAM address which is kindly providing a "1" or "2" depending on which bank is used for the music that is about to play.

Ok, nerdy stuff aside, I was looking for the Double Dragon sounds in the wishlist thread and didn't find it. Could you gimme a hint where to look?

I'll finish the patch and will include the track-mapping as usual.

DDragon uses v1.0 of the "sound images" driver and like all the other games it's pretty easy to keep working on other patches while concentrating on one driver.

Here's a bunch of games that I may patch right after DDragon is done. Pick your poison ;-)
[note: ppl on twitter were asking for Lotus II and Top Gear, so I put them on my todo list]

Code:

Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest    Sound Images v1.5
Beauty and the Beast: Roar of the Beast Sound Images v1.5
Blaster Master 2                    Sound Images v1.2
Cutthroat Island                    Sound Images v1.2
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat            Sound Images v1.2
Double Dragon                        Sound Images v1.0
Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone    Sound Images v1.2
Family Feud                            Sound Images v1.4
Fatal Rewind (The Killing Game Show) Sound Images v1.0
Foreman for Real                    Sound Images v1.2
Lotus II: RECS                        Sound Images v1.4
Man Overboard: S.S. Lucifer            Sound Images v1.2
Nigel Manesell's World Championship    Sound Images v1.4
Pete Sampras Tennis                    Sound Images v1.2
Rock n' Roll Racing                    Sound Images v1.2
Shadow of the Beast                    Sound Images v1.0
Shadow of the Beast 2                Sound Images v1.2
Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage    Sound Images v1.2
Spider-Man & Venom: Separation Anxiety Sound Images v1.2
Spider-Man & X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Sound Images v1.4
Super Off Road                        Sound Images v1.0
The Tick                            Sound Images v1.2
Tinhead                                Sound Images v1.5
Top Gear 2                            Sound Images v1.4
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 4 May 2023 - 18:05

Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Thu 4 May 2023 - 18:10

Awesome, thanks!

I think you can kick some titles off that list:

Double Dragon (Arcade & Arranged)
Monster World IV (Arranged)
Sonic 3D Blast / Flickies' Island (Saturn OST)
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by diablonet Thu 4 May 2023 - 23:21

Prince of Persia 2 Remastered would be a perfect candidate, since it was reworked from a beta game, the audio is horrible, it needs MSU so badly, I can help on music/audio tracks if its requiered.

diablonet
Rope
Rope

Since : 2022-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 5 May 2023 - 4:26

ArcadeTV wrote:Awesome, thanks!

I think you can kick some titles off that list:

Double Dragon (Arcade & Arranged)
Monster World IV (Arranged)
Sonic 3D Blast / Flickies' Island (Saturn OST)

Oh, right. Forgot about Sonic 3D. Is there a MWIV in the works or was there an MSU-MD that you can convert?
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Fri 5 May 2023 - 4:51

Relikk wrote:
Is there a MWIV in the works or was there an MSU-MD that you can convert?

I had a complete MSU-MD version a week before the remake was released and added the switch arranged soundtrack afterwards. I dunno if or why there is no md+ version as I was under the impression that every patch I ever made was converted. Seems not to be the case, so I can easily convert what I have as MSU-MD.

I'll make a list so we can add some checkboxes ;-)
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 5 May 2023 - 5:03

I think when people were converting your patches they were selecting the ones that were pretty much confirmed to be bug free, and when it came time to do the rest your GitHub was already "gone".
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum